btrfs scrub complete

This was the status at the end of the scrub: [root@supermario ~]# /usr/sbin/btrfs scrub start -Bd /media/Photos/ scrub device /dev/sdd1 (id 1) done scrub started at Tue Mar 21 17:18:13 2017 and finished after 05:49:29 total bytes scrubbed: 2.31TiB with 0 errors scrub device /dev/sda1 (id 2) done scrub started at Tue Mar 21 17:18:13 […]

Speed of btrfs scrub

Here’s the output of the status command: [root@supermario ~]# btrfs scrub status /media/Photos/ scrub status for 27cc1330-c4e3-404f-98f6-f23becec76b5 scrub started at Tue Mar 21 17:18:13 2017, running for 01:05:38 total bytes scrubbed: 1.00TiB with 0 errors So on Fedora 25 with an AMD-8323 (8 core, no hyperthreading) and 24GB of RAM with this hard drive and […]

Finally have btrfs setup in RAID1

A little under 3 years ago, I started exploring btrfs for its ability to help me limit data loss. Since then I’ve implemented a snapshot script to take advantage of the Copy-on-Write features of btrfs. But I hadn’t yet had the funds and the PC case space to do RAID1. I finally was able to […]

Using Flatpak to install LibreOffice on Fedora 24

After someone told me that a PDF I’d created in Calligra Office was illegible and having issues with spreadsheets loading slowly, I decided to install LibreOffice. However, rather than go with the version in the repos, I decided to go with Flatpak – which allows for a more advanced version via the usage of runtimes. […]

I created my first RPM! And have a copr repo!

It’s the intersection of three of my hobbies – computers, Linux, and photography! Ever since I learned how to compile source code from the net, about a decade ago, I’ve wanted to create RPMs to help those who aren’t comfortable with compiling or simply don’t want to bother with compiling. But, for some reason, RPM […]

An updated Digital Photography Workflow with Digikam and RawTherapee

Back in October, I created a video showing my workflow with Digikam and RawTherapee. After spending lots of months working with both programs and tinkering to see what works best, I have updated my workflow. Based on the current versions of the programs, here is my updated workflow: