This quarter was a mix of new music, continuing to listen to my music in alphabetical order (by artist), and whatever I happened to listen to on my phone. And that resulted in a little something like this (a lot more ties than usual):
1. The Beatles (243 listens) – For the first time in a long time the Fab Four are back on top. I continue to love their later stuff although their older stuff is played out having spent my childhood listening to oldies.
2. Five Iron Frenzy (116 listens) – I still love the new album. I can listen to it over and over.
3. Alan Menken (104 listens) – Blame Scarlett and her love of Disney Music.
4. Mandy Moore (89 listens) – Blame Scarlett and her love of Tangled
5.The Beach Boys (67 listens) – I think this is one listen to every Beach Boys song I own
6. Anberlin (44 listens) – Trying to get ready to see them at the Vans Warped Tour
7. dj BC (39 listens) – If you thought a Beatles and Jay-Z mashup was good, you need to hear these Beatles and Beastie Boys mashups.
8. Kristen Bell; Idina Menzel (38 listens) – Blame Scarlett and her love of Frozen
9. Donna Murphy (37 listens) – Blame Scarlett and her love of Tangled
10. I Fight Dragons (35 listens) – Another artist I am brushing up on for the Vans Warped Tour
10. Fitz & The Tantrums (35 listens) – Got the new album for Danielle. It’s pretty good although I really have a soft spot for the first album. I need to give this album another listen.
10. Beebs and Her Money Makers (35 listens) – Yes, I am going to see her for the second time at Warped Tour (first time was the Five Iron Frenzy concert last fall), but this was also about listening to her new album, which I Indiegogo’d. It has a great cover of TLC’s Waterfalls, but my favorite song on the album is Miss Captain Kangaroo.
Yeah, it’s not ska, but I REALLY like the song. It has a real classic rock feel to it. I LOVED it at last fall’s concert. It was the one that I said was a highlight that I thought was a cover. But from my research, I couldn’t find it anywhere else.
13. MC Frontalot (32 listens) – I just really wanted to listen to this one day, so I waited until i was taking care of Scarlett and Danielle had buggered off to some errands out of the house. Then I nerdcored my brains out.
14. Audioslave (26 listens) – Listened to this as I went through the alphabet. Still some good songs, but mostly it’s wearing off its welcome.
14. Relient K (26 listens) – Listening to the new album, still don’t like it as much as the previous ones.
Total Songs (in my collection): 15042 (up from 14472) – an increase of 570 – or half as many as last quarter. I think this has, at least partially, to do with the fact that RollingStone.com stopped giving away a track a day.
Total Artists: 4421 (up from 4309) – 112 – again, about half as many as last quarter.
Total Albums: 3454 (up from 3333) – Again, it tracks well with the total artist increase as I didn’t very many albums for artists I already previous had.
Average Songs Per Album: 4.35 (a slight increase from last quarter)
Average Songs Per Artist: 3.4 (increased a bit from last time – again, less singles from RollingStone and more samplers from NoiseTrade)
Total Scrobbles at End of Quarter: 78080 – Got close to reaching the next 5k milestone, but then went on a business trip and I didn’t spend much time listening to music. Listened to a song or two on the drive in/out of work, but that’s it.
Total Scrobbles for this Quarter: 3228 – close, but not quite as much as last quarter. Even listening to as many as last quarter wouldn’t have made it to 80k listens, but would have been a lot closer. The Top 15 most listened to songs this quarter accounted for 966 scrobbles or 30% of the listens – even less than last quarter. Makes sense since I listened to a lot of random music on my phone and artists with only a couple songs while going alphabetically.